Improve Your Business Strategy with IT Governance
IT GOVERNANCE: WHY YOU NEED IT
IT Governance is a framework that helps to align IT Strategy with Business Strategy. An IT Governance framework provides internal controls and accountability structures to encourage desirable behaviors to support business objectives while providing a way to measure the success of the business goals and strategy. There are many developed frameworks to choose from to help implement an IT Governance program. A few examples are COBIT 2019 (published by ISACA) and ITIL 4 (Information Technology Structured Library).
Regardless of your alignment to industry standard IT Governance frameworks, a recommended starting point to assess your IT Governance maturity is to leverage Kenway Consulting’s IT Governance Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ) to document your current state and identify gaps.
Our approach considers internal controls and best practices across Strategic Alignment, Value Delivery, Risk Management, Resource Management and Performance Management.
- Strategic Alignment: How are IT investments documented, reviewed, approved, and communicated to support business strategies
- Value Delivery: How are IT projects initiated, prioritized, managed across the enterprise in alignment with business strategies
- Risk Management: How are IT risks identified, controlled, and mitigated across compliance, security, and resiliency domains
- Resource Management: How are IT resources structured within the organization and aligned to capacity plans for the approved projects
- Performance Management: How are IT service and support domains measured and adherence to IT SLAs
Without IT Governance in place, it is difficult to ensure that the IT organization has prioritized the right projects and capacity plans to meet business goals. Now is the time to re-think your IT Governance for agility and innovation.
To assess your organization’s IT Governance maturity level and identify any gaps, we recommend using Kenway Consulting’s IT Governance Internal Controls Questionnaire (ICQ). Our comprehensive approach considers best practices across Strategic Alignment, Value Delivery, Risk Management, Resource Management, and Performance Management, and can help you achieve agility and innovation in your IT Governance framework.