Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Kenway Consulting is committed to developing a thoughtful and effective approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion. All Kenway employees are dedicated to recruiting and retaining more diverse team members, and they are committed to building a company culture that welcomes all employees and enables their success.
To assess the state of the organization and develop a plan to propel it forward, Kenway engaged Audrey George Consulting (AGC) to complete a full diversity, equity, and inclusion assessment in November and December 2020. Since that time, we have been working with members of the AGC team to implement changes that will enable the creation of a more inclusive workplace. Specifically, we have completed or are in the process of completing the following steps:
- Creation of Human Resource Director position to support employees and drive diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts.
- Development of specific DEI metrics to guide company efforts.
- Update of website to include a wider representation of individuals by race, gender identity, and physical ability.
- Audit of all internal policies and materials to confirm all company policies and language support the creation of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
Employee Involvement & Leadership
- Creation of a new Corporate Social Responsibility Committee to lead volunteer and giving efforts dedicated to diverse communities.
- Creation of a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee to maintain company efforts following the consulting engagement.
- Training of all employees via eight 90-minute sessions to address topics including identity development, recognizing hidden bias, microaggressions, privilege, and anti-racism.
- Training of recruitment leaders and interviewers to be prepared for identifying and interviewing diverse candidates.
- Identification of new employee recruiting sources to insure a diverse applicant pool.
- Identification of opportunities to involve employees in diverse professional networking circles to drive greater exposure of employees to important issues and to help attract more diverse position applicants.
- Interviews of all employees who departed in 2020.
- Update of job postings and position descriptions.